It’s our responsibility to plan all of the camps and ensure that everything runs smoothly - not least the safety and enjoyment of your children and your satisfaction and peace of mind.
To ensure you and the children are ready for camp, we have put together this essential pre-camp reading.
||Stamford American School Hong Kong
||25 Man Fuk Road, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon, Hong Hong
Camp Asia Office
Office Tel: +852 3467 4567
Minibus: 5M (circular from Mongkok) to our doorstep
- Yau Ma Tei MTR (Kwun Tong Line & Tsuen Wan Line) - 18 minutes walk from Stamford
- Mong Kong East MTR (East Rail Line) - 17 minutes walk from Stamford
- Ho Man Tin MTR (Kwun Tong Line) - 21 minutes walk from Stamford
Public Buses - 7B, 9, 18, 41, 45, 113, E21A, 7, 10, 81C, 103, 208, 270A, 270C
FREE Shuttle Bus: Available from Yau Ma Tei and Ho Man Tin Station. Refer to your email with pick-up and drop off time and bus contact details.
Registration starts at 8.45am on the ground floor of campus on the first day of camp each week.If you arrive after 9am please speak to the Camp Asia team at the above registration area – we will lead your child to their camp.
Arrival / Drop Off
- Registration starts at 8:45am
- Try to arrive by 8:45am latest so the children can settle in and get to their camp by 9am.
- If you arrive after the Camp start time (9am) please bring the children to the registration area and we will lead them to their camps.
- All children taking Camp Asia buses will be guided from the bus bay to the registration area by our CA transport team.
- If someone else (not previously indicated) is dropping them off, please call/email us with their full name and ID number.
Home Time / Pick Up
- Children should be collected at 12pm. Everyone must be picked up by 12:15pm.
- All children taking Camp Asia buses will be signed out by their Teaching Assistant and escorted down to the bus.
- If you wish to collect your child who is registered on the bus, you MUST inform the Camp Asia team by phone or email email@example.com before 10pm daily.
- If you’re running late, please call or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If someone else (not previously indicated) is picking them up, please call/email us with their full name and ID number.
Preparing Your Child For Camp
Camp Asia is all about having FUN and making new friends. We really would like your children to feel “Happy and Safe”. We do this by making your child our priority. When your child comes to Camp Asia for the first time, here are some tips:
- All Camp Staff will be in black polo shirts with the Camp Asia logo. Please tell your child to look for us if they have any worries or concerns, as they arrive at Camp or at any time during the week.
- All children will have a Camp Asia name tag which will be handed out during check-in daily and collected at check-out.
- Please label all your children’s belongings, this helps us return items if they are misplaced.
- Camp Asia can often be very busy on the first day so please arrive earlier if it is your first time. Monday is particularly busy as parents, helpers and children arrive for registration. By arriving early, you will allow your child to settle and become familiar with their surroundings.
- We love that Camp Asia children get to make new friends. If your children needs any further support or have specific worries or concerns that we should be aware, please email us in advance. This will help us take the best care of them on Camp.
- We take friend requests and try our best to allocate friends to the same group, where possible, however please ensure you let us know in advance.
The success of this experience for your child is dependent on our partnership. Please help us make your child’s time at Camp Asia an awesome one. #SafeandHappy
What to Wear
- Comfortable sporty clothing and Camp Asia t-shirts are encouraged (after first day).
- Sporty attire, trainers or sneakers for safety (closed in shoes).
- Flip flops not allowed.
What to Bring
All children should bring the following, clearly marked with their names:
- Change of clothes if below the age of 8
- Refillable drink bottle
- Sunscreen (We encourage the use of SPF 30+ broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen).
- Healthy snack
- Extra masks
- Coding camps personal iPads are encouraged as students may want to continue projects, devices will be provided on site so this is optional
What NOT to Bring
- Money, mobile phones and other valuables. Camp Asia will not be responsible for any lost items.
- Please no mobile phones, laptops or iPads are to be used during camp times other than those provided by Camp Asia for Camps. Teachers will ask the children to put these items in their bags during camp sessions.
- A healthy morning snack will be eaten physcially distanced and the camp will provide a face shield for your child
- We have a Nut Minimization policy at our venues, so if you’re sending food with your children on camp, please make sure it’s nut-free.
Camp Asia Merchandise
- Camp Asia staff will hand out Camp Asia T-shirts on the first day of each camp week, during their first activity.
- If the T-shirt does not fit, we will swap it during check-in.
Lost and Found
- For Lost and Found items - please come to the Camp Asia Registration table. We naturally have many bottles, sports gear and hats that are misplaced.
- If your child is on the bus please email email@example.com and we will look for you!
When sending your children to Camp Asia, please be diligent in managing their health and don’t bring them to camp if they’re either ill (temperature over 37.6° Celsius) or have been exposed to an illness or virus. Should your child start to feel unwell during camp they will be taken to the Health Centre. Please ensure we have all your medical information and emergency contact details.
Medical Attention - Camp Health Centre
A qualified nurse experienced with working with children will be on campus at all times. The Camp Asia Team have been certified with the following medical training and can provide the appropriate treatment:
- First Aid
- CPR Training
- EpiPen Practical Training
EpiPens and Medicine
Children have to bring their EpiPens or medicines (if any) in a large zip-lock bag with their name and dosage information clearly marked. Please include a copy of your allergy Action Plan with their EpiPen. These items will be collected by the nurse and kept at the Nurses’ Station (Health Centre) for the entire week of camp. Please ensure the expiration date is valid, out of date Epi-Pens will not be accepted onsite. At the end of the week, the labeled bag will be returned to your child to bring home.
If your child has Asthma please include your child asthmatic plan to be submitted to the Health Centre Nurse.
Please do not send any medication to school with your children without advising the Camp Asia team and Nurses. Please send us an email should your child require medication and this will be sent to the nurse on site. Only Health Centre Staff will administer any medication to children and everything must be kept at the Health Centre. Children with high fevers will be sent home. If you have any concerns, please email the team in advance and prior to your Camp week.
For any reason you need to call us when the camps are in session, please contact the Camp Asia Team at 3467 4567 or 5790 3395.
We may be very busy at times and our phone is directed to a mobile phone so if you can't get hold of us, please leave a message and we promise we will call you back. Should your matter be urgent please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope your children will have the best experience at Camp Asia! If you need any more information or have any questions please contact the Camp Asia Team.